svn or arch

Dries Verachtert dries at ulyssis.org
Fri Dec 17 23:07:56 UTC 2004

On Friday 17 December 2004 23:52, Cristian Gafton wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Dec 2004, Dries Verachtert wrote:

> > An example: is gcc-c++ installed by default or should it be included in
> > the BuildRequires of each c++ program?
>
> No, the development tools like compilers, make, autconf are assumed to be
> available. I realize that the @development-tools group might be broad for
> some tastes; later on we'll look at eventually reducing the scope further
> of what is assumed to be in the buildroot; for now that is a relativey
> sane and safe compromise, I think.

Thank you very much for the information! Although i must confess i'm used to
mach which doesn't install that much packages automatically within a
buildroot, i think it's great there is (or will be) some standard endorsed by
Red Hat which will be used by Fedora Core and Fedora Extras and maybe also by
others like maybe Fedora Legacy.. this will make it easier to transfer a spec
file from Fedora Core to Fedora Extras i guess.

kind regards,
Dries Verachtert