firefox and icons...

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Sat Dec 18 22:42:03 UTC 2004

Hi,

On Sat, 2004-12-18 at 22:51 +0100, Lars E. Pettersson wrote:
> Just tried the rawhide firefox on my FC3 (Gnome, Bluecurve) installation
> and noticed that the icons had changed to something that resembles the
> ones used by nautilus, epiphany, etc.
>
> Is it possible to revert this to the original firefox icons (the ones
> used by the FC3 firefox, both are 1.0-versions)? If it is possible, how
> would one do that? (Without doing the obvious, recompiling, of course.)

I would have thought you could change the Firefox-specific application
theme in Tools->Themes in Firefox, but it looks like there's no option
there for now.

> Why are these icons used and not the original ones?

We use a consistent icon theme across the whole desktop and apps.
Application-specific theme systems are generally considered Evil.

The right fix if you like those Firefox icons would be for someone to
make a theme in that style for the whole desktop.

> Would it be possible to, in the themes selection, add a theme named
> "firefox original", so that two choices exist, the (what I think they
> are called) Gnome specific icons, and the original firefox icons?

Not in the global Prefs->Theme theme dialog since the firefox theme is
only a firefox theme, not a desktop theme.

Havoc