firefox and icons...

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Sun Dec 19 12:17:18 UTC 2004

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 21:12:35 -0400, Steven Garrity wrote:
> I do think it is time to have another go at a great modern Gnome theme.
> Both Bluecurve and the default Gnome theme are showing their age.

Maybe, but I still quite like the stock GNOME artwork. Garret LeSage has
done an Industrial firefox theme which makes it integrate a lot nicer with
Industrial based desktops (so not stock Fedora unfortunately).

I'm not sure what you mean by Bluecurve showing its age though - it only
came out with RH8, which I still remember clearly. That was only perhaps
2-3 years ago.

To be honest, while I love the Bluecurve filetype/app icons and "image
represents task" idea, I was never that wild about the Bluecurve GTK+
stock artwork which to my eye does not look sharp or clear. The Industrial
theme with the stock GNOME artwork is what I keep going back to, the
matching Firefox theme is just a nice bonus.