First packaging attempt : atmel-firmware

Rui Miguel Seabra rms at 1407.org
Wed Dec 29 10:59:37 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-28 at 17:46 -0500, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 01:22:43PM -0800, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> > I'd recommend at76c50x-firmware, instead.
>
> If you are only included the pcmcia/cf firmware in the package make it
> explicitly at76c50x-pcmcia-firmware as there are USB ones that need firmware
> sets too and I'm under the impression the firmware is different

Actually, not knowing enough about drivers to be sure, I think my
particular device is fully Free!

The .c file for my particular driver says:

* This driver contains code specific to Atmel AT76C505A (USB wireless
802.11)
* devices which use radio chips from RF Micro Devices (RFMD).  Almost
* all of the actual driver is handled by the generic at76c503.c module,
this
* file just registers for the USB ids and passes the correct firmware to
* at76c503.

Since I have a 505 I seem to be a happy camper! :)

It _was_ very hard to find a device like this, I returned about 3 cards
before finding one that seems to be fully Free.

Rui

+ So let's do it...?