Differences between the kernel source in FC2 and the kernel source obtained from kernel.org?

Ralf Ertzinger fedora-devel at camperquake.de
Wed Dec 29 16:14:51 UTC 2004

On Wed, Dec 29, 2004 at 08:09:35AM -0800, Park Lee wrote:

> I think that this linux-2.6.9.tar.bz2 file is
> identical to the linux kernel source with the same
> version form kernel.org, and those patches show the
> differences between the kernel source in FC2 and the
> kernel source obtained from kernel.org. Am I right?

Usually yes. There are some .src.rpms which do not contain
the source as provided by the original vendor (be it kernel.org,
gnome.org, or whatever else is shipped with FC), but a modified
version (ssh comes to mind, due to some issues I can not recall
right now), but the kernel package ought to be original.