mplayer vs. xine

Tony Grant tony at tgds.net
Mon Feb 2 06:53:17 UTC 2004

Le dim 01/02/2004 à 16:07, Alan Cox a écrit :

> > > xine has a variant that already does. Just needs the reverse engineered
> > > libddmpeg work and my surfaces rewrite for via and some oddments to
> > > make it work open source
> >
> > You mean ViacripplEdXinePlayer a.k.a VeXP=:-p
> >
> > Been there, tried that. When it doesn't crash and burn and when it
> > allows DVB-S playback I'll look again.
>
> Well its up to someone like you who cares to port the fixes into a current
> Xine.

I did look. This is way over my head, I'm a tinkerer with no formal
programming experience.

I don't call finding and correcting a couple of bugs in USB storage back
in my Vaio C days "experience". Nor is compiling pgaccess for Mac OS X.
Those are my two claims to fame, period.

The reverse engineering guys are doing a good job but they aren't very
organised - there a bits and pieces all over and it is difficult to know
what is needed. I guess I could figure out what goes where with a couple
of pointers hint hint...

Cheers

Tony Grant

--