strange TCP problems w/ RawHide

Alexander L. Belikoff abel at vallinor4.com
Tue Feb 3 11:53:30 UTC 2004

On Monday 02 February 2004 00:48, Charles R. Anderson wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 11:35:52PM -0500, Alexander L. Belikoff wrote:
> > I wonder if anyone observed the same weirdness I have. I've installed
> > RawHide over FC1 through constant yum'ming. Currently, I'm running kernel
> > 2.6.1-1.63. Unfortunately, TCP doesn't seem to work:
>
> Sounds like ECN.  Try:
>
> echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn

It is ECN indeed. Doing the above fixes the problem. Thank you! I would've
never figured it out myself (Google is only helpful in this case when you
know what you are looking for).

Would it be worthwhile to add it to rc.sysinit, given that it is better to get
things work by default?

--
Alexander L. Belikoff                      GPG f/pr: 0D58 A804 1AB1 4CD8 8DA9
Bloomberg L.P.                                       424B A86E CD0D 8424 2701