Will FC2 move towards mdadm for all software raid config

Bill Anderson bill at noreboots.com
Thu Feb 5 11:57:45 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 15:27, Jesse Keating wrote:

> On Wednesday 04 February 2004 08:41, Yusuf Goolamabbas wrote:
> > So FC2 will still use /etc/raidtab to configure software-raid ?
> > Would FC2 boot-up sequence (post-install) ever understand
> > /etc/mdadm.conf ?
>
> Seth Vidal and a few other people are doing the work necessary to get
> FC2 mdadm ready.  As mentioned the big blocker currently is modifying
> anaconda to use mdadm instead of raidtools.  The userland changes are
> minimal.  If you know python, ping Jeremy Katz.

Is he on the list? If so .. PING.
:)

I'm pretty good with Python, but have yet to dig into Anaconda. Jeremy,
if this isn't something you need to know Anaconda source very well for
(or something a non-Anaconda source Python guy could deal with), let me
know, I'll do what I can.

--
Bill Anderson
RHCE #807302597505773