Security/Updates CD?

David T Hollis dhollis at davehollis.com
Sun Feb 8 16:00:17 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-08 at 15:54 +0000, Gavin Henry wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I was wondering how difficult (I would do a much as I could) to add an option
> for install/asking for a security update CD or extra package CD to the
> installer.
>
> So, when installing Fedora you could tick a box and then be asked for a CD
> with all the latest updates on it, or an extra CD with say Wine3x or Cross
> overoffice or any other rpms you have.
>
> This would be extremely useful for people with modems that buy a CD set form
> someone.
>
> What are everyones thoughts?

Don't you already have this in some form from firstboot?  It asks if you
want to install other packages from other CDs.  I have never looked at
what kind of format the other CDs need to be in for it to deal happily
with it.  Possibly a simple extension from that would be all that is
needed.  If course, being able to just point it to a website/yum repo/
nfs location would be nice too.

--
David T Hollis <dhollis at davehollis.com>