Firefox as default browser in Fedora

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Thu Feb 12 10:45:52 UTC 2004

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 09:56:38AM +0000, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> Work something reasonable out soon. Similar conditions may make Firefox
> unsuitable for Fedora Core in terms of licensing.

I don't think that will be a big problem. The trademark stuff is actually hard
to do right (I've been watching the gnome people fail horribly for over a
year but since they are about to ship GPL code linked with their logo in
2.6 I guess estoppel is about to resolve the problem for good 8)).

The Fedora trademark rules were also a lot of fun for the lawyers (thanks
Mark btw...).

The Mozilla situation for Firebird seems to be just like the Red Hat one,
remove the logos, have fun. One good thing is that they plan to also have
official artwork that isnt the trademarked one so vendors can at least make
it plain that its "not official mozilla" rather than having to rip the credit
logos out.

For the general artwork - you'd want bluecurve art anyway to make it match
the desktop a bit better

Alan