include php-imap in FC2 (bug #115535)

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Mon Feb 16 16:02:31 UTC 2004

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 17:43:28 +0100, Alexander Dalloz <alexander> escreveu:

> Each webmail application requires an IMAP/POP server. But how does
> squirrelmail does contact the server? I thought squirrelmail is written
> in PHP, just like Horde/IMP which I am using. Horde/IMP needs the
> php-imap support to establish the connection to the server. I believe
> Alexandre had that in mind too.
>
> I do not need uw-imapd but php-imap.
>
> Alexander

>From the rpm package of squirrelmail (on FC1 , as I am far from my FC2 machine):

capeta:RPMS->rpm -qRp squirrelmail-1.4.0-1.noarch.rpm
/bin/sh
/usr/bin/env
/usr/sbin/sendmail
aspell
config(squirrelmail) = 1.4.0-1
httpd
httpd
perl
perl
perl(Cwd)
perl(IO::Socket)
php >= 4.0.4
rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
tmpwatch >= 2.8

I also looked at the functions dir of squirrelmail and it looks like squirrelmail has its own imap access routines.. But having php-imap is interesting , as other tools like Horde/IMP need this package..