Gnome-panel update?

Leonard den Ottolander leonard at den.ottolander.nl
Thu Feb 19 22:51:08 UTC 2004

Hi Mark,

> > Please have a look at http://www.ottolander.nl/gnome-panel/ for details.

> I'm hoping to start getting a handle on this either tommorrow or next week.

Great.

>  I don't know yet what approach we'll take -

Neither do I. Not sure how much work it would be to combine current
patches with 2.4.2 (for as much needed). I do think upgrading to 2.4.2
would be the best solution, but I am unsure of how much work that would
involve.

> the first thing I have
> to do is figure out what are the most visible outstanding bug

This time I started from the top. These are the ones I could grasp.

> and how many of them have been fixed upstream in 2.4.2.

A couple of the open bugs, and probably a couple that have not been
identified on Fedora yet.

> Actually, it would be very helpful if you could compile such a list ...

See the above URL for the current state of the list. These appear to be
addressable issues to me.

Leonard.