sound on ASUS K8V (was: 3Com 3c940 ethernet card)

Simon f.simon at email.it
Sat Feb 21 10:52:10 UTC 2004

> alias sound-slot-0 snd-via82xx
> install sound-slot-0 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install sound-slot-0 &&
>
> This is what Fedora detected by default (execept for the sk98lin driver).
>
> Am I missing in this conf file?

No, it is ok, mine is the same.
I tell you again... for me the problem was the mixer. You have to install
and use gnome-alsamixer, I dont remember if fedora provide it, anyway you
can download it from freshrpms:

http://yarrow.freshrpms.net/rpm.html?id=89

Use it to manage the mixer... you'll find that "Master" is useless and you
have to adjust volume using "Headphones", "Wave" and "Sorround" if I'm not
wrong. Anyway remove "mute" from all channels and turn the volume up to see
which are the working channels.

--
Simon.