Closing bugs UPSTREAM

Leonard den Ottolander leonard at den.ottolander.nl
Sat Feb 21 19:18:00 UTC 2004

Hello Mark,

> 	We want to work upstream as much as possible.

With this I firmly agree. But that does not mean that bugs that are
fixed locally (ie by applying upstream patches or update releases)
should be closed as UPSTREAM, because in relation to the distribution
they are fixed CURRENTRELEASE.

Again, imo closing UPSTREAM should be restricted to issues that are not
yet solved (upstream), thus cannot be solved CURRENTRELEASE (or
whatever), and have to be tracked upstream. Solved issues that are back
ported (or fixed by an update) do not fall into this category.

I would love to hear the opinions of other (Red Hat) developers on what
they think bug resolution UPSTREAM should be used for.

Leonard.