Athlon Incompatible Packages

Jay Turner jkt at
Tue Feb 24 12:45:52 UTC 2004

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 09:32:01AM +0100, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> What they, AFAIK, have never done, is told us to rebuild src.rpm's for
> different architectures if we feel like it.  IIRC they actually never
> advertise to rebuild their src.rpm's as they are.

Point of order here.  We do actually try our best to make sure that every
SRPM which leaves the building can recompile successfully.  From time to
time, we hit a particularily difficult package (OpenOffice for a little
while) which won't recompile, but we work to fix those issues (and
OpenOffice nows compiles again.)

- jkt

Jay Turner, QA Technical Lead      jkt at             Red Hat, Inc.

        Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
                                                   - Albert Einstein