Buglet list from FC2t1

Peter Backlund peter.backlund at home.se
Tue Feb 24 19:46:21 UTC 2004

Hi.

Here's list of (mostly) minor issues I've encountered on FC2test1. I'm
not 100% rawhide yet, so some things may even be fixed right now.
Anyway, if there's anything here that's not known about or already
fixed, I'll add it to BZ.

- Rhythmbox opens mp3 by default, but has no license problem dialogue.

- GNOME Print Manager asks if you want to run printer config tool no
first run, and shows alternatives "OK/Cancel" instead of "Yes/No".

- system-settings:/// is empty.

- The icon for Computer (on the desktop) should be
  /usr/share/icons/Bluecurve/48x48/apps/icon-computer.png

- gnome-terminal sometimes has the entire view "selected" (i.e. black
background) when opening a new tab, at least with ctrl-shit-t. ctrl-l
fixes that.

- The icon for opened folder in Nautilus is not from BC (I think)?

- Sometimes, when selecting icons on the desktop and the un-selecting
them, a small trace of the blue shade is left to the left of  the text,
about 1 pixel wide and as high as the text. Reproducible at least on the
"Start here" icon.

- RFE: Metacity should focus on a window, if there is one, when
switching desktops. Right now, it focuses on the panel by default.

- If KDE is installed, the "Other" meny item (in GNOME) is waaaaaaaay to
crowded.

- GNOME control center has a launcher for itself (which it shouldn't),
and it doesn't even work :-)

- Opening a .spec file in Nautilus pops up the file association
question, but gnome-file-types-properties segfaults if you choose "yes".
Running g-f-t-p from the meny works fine.

- system-config-securitylevel does not strech very nicely, if the window
is resized vertically.

- The Mozilla Mail icon is horrible. Use the redhat-email icon instead,
and skip the "mozilla mail message" launcher altogether.

- OOo flickers a lot when resizing, especially the file dialogue
(upstream issue?).

- The panel sometimes stops responding to clicks on the main menu and
launcher icons, related to when a gnome app fails to launch (gpdf for
example). restarting the panel fixes the launcher icons, but not the
main menu. logging out and in again fixes the main menu.

And the some more serious issues:
=================================

- The directory /etc/lvm was not created by anaconda (I created one LVM
group on install), which b0rked the first boot completely. Running the
lvm2 part of rc.sysinit fixed that.

- s-c-display hides my mouse cursor after running it, even if no changes
were made. The mouse still works, but the pointer is invisible.
(geforce2, logitech usb mouse).

- s-c-soundcard fails with the following error message:
** (system-config-soundcard.py:28986): WARNING **: `GtkTextSearchFlags'
is not an enum type

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/share/system-config-soundcard/system-config-soundcard.py",
line 47, in ?
     app = soundcard.childWindow()
   File "/usr/share/system-config-soundcard/soundcard.py", line 160, in
__init__

self.primaryDeviceMenu.set_active(self.cardList.index(self.soundcardBackend.getDefaultCard()))
ValueError: list.index(x): x not in list