Prelink success story :)

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Thu Feb 26 20:09:17 UTC 2004

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004, Toshio wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 13:45, Dag Wieers wrote:

> > If it is non mandatory, why are we still discussing this ?
>
> Possibly because someone won't admit when they're wrong? :-)
> Could be me, but you'll have to show me how.

Then you clearly have much more time than I have.

> > 	2] I have many packages that _have_ to change the %setup line,
> > 	   230 of the 622 spec-files which is over 30% (remember perl-packages ?)
> Doesn't matter.  I took a look at several of your perl spec's.
> They do:
> %setup -n %{rname}-%{version}
> which will get caught by #2 above.

And you said you hadn't seen any ocassions where %setup -n was needed and
I gave you those that did. I understand you wanted to know the number of
packages that have '-n' used and not %{version}. Still 87 do, about 13%.

Although I must say I don't see why that would be of any value in the
discussion.

> > 	3] I don't rely on QA people as I'd rather automate and assume a
> > 	   QA person has better things to do.
> That's fine.  But your question was whether the QA person would catch
> the problem...

Well, we will not know, would we. I'm just stating it's useless to ask
this from a QA person if you can automate it.