How to Package Fedora RPMS Re: Prelink success story :)

Michael Schwendt ms-nospam-0306 at arcor.de
Thu Feb 26 20:52:30 UTC 2004

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 13:22:03 -0700, Stephen Smoogen wrote:

> What I am wondering is what is the best method for packaging new items
> to be fedora compliant?

Good question. Superficial answer: Whatever is necessary to create
a package that builds, installs, works and erases, too.

*What* is necessary exactly depends on the software to be packaged,
e.g. whether it comes with a standard "configure" script, whether it
accepts modified installation paths or compiler settings, whether
additional integration work is needed (e.g. desktop entries,
pre-configuration, helper scripts to finalize installation/removal),
whether it must be patched for customization, and more things like that.

"fedora compliant" == fedora.us compliant? Well, there are a couple
of guidelines in the fedora.us Wiki.

> Is there a step by step guide or a bunch of wiki articles?

Step by step on what exactly?