OMG! I've started a war! - Was:Prelink success story :)

Keith G. Robertson-Turner redhat-forums at genesis-x.nildram.co.uk
Fri Feb 27 03:15:07 UTC 2004

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 02:24:42 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 00:27:32 +0000, Keith G. Robertson-Turner wrote:

>> As for this fist fight between Micheal and Dag, let me just say that this
>> is a real storm in a teacup.
>
> Wonder what makes it look like a "fight"?
>
>> I'm sure someone who works that hard without financial reward, surely
>> cannot be described as someone who doesn't care.
>
> You're extending the topic quite a bit now. "Doesn't care" as in "doesn't
> care about fedora.us".

Well maybe I did stretch the context a bit, but even in the given context,
I find it hard to believe that Dag doesn't care about fedora.us. If he
didn't care, then he wouldn't keep questioning Fedora policy? Anyway,
those are questions for him to answer himself.

>> I don't feel threatened by the existence of DAG-RPMS any more than I do
>> about Livna, in fact I'm glad of having more choice. That is, after all,
>> what "community" is all about.
>
> Imagine Dag would stop maintaining his hundreds of packages all of a
> sudden (without any particular reason).

I think Livna would shut down without Dams, and if you and Warren went to
the Bahamas for two weeks - fedora.us would be a very quiet place indeed.
Let's not get too paranoid about what *might* happen, but lets concentrate
on expanding what we *do* have.

>>I was a bit taken-aback by, what I perceived as, Michael's abrasive
>>nature.
>
> *That* I hear for the first time.

Note the word "perceived".

>> Having worked with him for the last 3 months, I can say that, although
>> his tone is a bit dry,
>
> Here I would like to hear more details and suggestions on what I should
> change and how.

You see? Like right there, I don't know whether you're being serious or
not. Maybe it's just me, or maybe it's a British "thing". We're an odd
bunch :) Just watch a couple hours of Monty Python, and you'll know what I
mean.

>> If Michael has a fault, it is that he is a perfectionist in the
>> extreme

> Btw, nothing in the Wiki is from me. I only edited a few places
> yesterday. So, I really don't see where you've got the picture of an
> extreme perfectionist from.

Actually it was more in reference to your exacting nature on package QA,
but then a (relative) novice packager like me is bound to say something
like that.

-
K.