latest update

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Fri Feb 27 08:27:02 UTC 2004

Hi Seth,
	Note - I'm not blaming yum for these problems. Its not yum's fault we
have inconsitent versions of packages in the tree.

On Fri, 2004-02-27 at 07:36, seth vidal wrote:
> > > My question is: is this normal? If not am I doing some thing wrong and what
> > > additional information will be useful in finding out what? Should I cut and
> > > paste terminal output with date and time and yum.conf?
> >
> > 	It appears to be normal, but what I'm quite surprised about is that
> > there appears to be no --just-do-the-best-you-can flag for yum?
>
> B/c that works not so much at all when you're trying to resolve
> dependencies.

	I'm just curious, though. If the standard practice to work around such
problems is for people to do --exclude=broken-package, why couldn't we
not have a --exclude-broken-packages flag?

Thanks,
Mark.