OMG! I've started a war! - Was:Prelink success story :)

Michael Schwendt ms-nospam-0306 at arcor.de
Fri Feb 27 15:00:58 UTC 2004

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 15:47:16 +0200 (EET), Panu Matilainen wrote:

> fedora.us policies were discussed at length (mildly put) but
> that doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement, if somebody outside
> current fedora.us community suggests something it shouldn't be just shot
> down "because you don't care anyway".

No, but everytime someone from the 3rd party people criticizes the current
content in the Wiki, criticism stops at very minor things like
RPM_BUILD_ROOT, explicit Epoch or disttags.

> Maybe not, but being over pedantic about some artificial rules can be, for
> somebody with 300 packages. If the packages work then why should the
> packager tweak their specs to match some artificial rules when it already
> works?

Let's stop this here. It's useless to discuss virtual packages.  The
requirements of the fedora.us build system are different than those of an
individual. Almost every submitted package (a few from 3rd party
repositories included) needs fixes before it would build correctly. And
*if* someone takes a deeper look, more issues are found. QA is the chance
to fix them sooner than later.

I stick to my offer of reviewing in teams...