Using mach (was: Re: Fedora.us QA (was: Re: Prelink success story :)))

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Fri Feb 27 19:19:39 UTC 2004

Thomas Vander Stichele wrote :

> > I've been trying to get mach to work, but I seem to run from problem to
> > problem with the damn thing.  There should definitely be a fedora-mach
> > HOWTO/FAQ/IRC forum....
>
> The README of mach serves as a quite ok HOWTO for a first encounter.
> There's no FAQ because nobody asks me questions :) As for irc,
> #fedora-devel ? I'm there all the time.

Nobody asks you questions? I did, and I must say that they usually ended in
new features being added, which is simply perfect from my stand point :-)

Today, mach does all I expect, and clearly became my most used tool after
rpm, as _all_ current freshrpms.net packages, may it be for Fedora Core or
Yellow Dog Linux, are built using it. I can only advise rpm packagers to
give it a try, poke Thomas with ideas, discuss missing features on the
(quite silent) mailing-list, submit patches...

Matthias

Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) - Linux kernel 2.6.3-1.91
Load : 0.39 0.18 0.11