install fedora on a powerbook g4 667

W. Michael Petullo mike at flyn.org
Fri Jan 2 17:06:04 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 02:48:54PM +0100, k1n6w4r3z wrote:
> Hi all
> I'm Francesco a new user of this list
> i'm an italian guy so i just say sorry for my terrible english
> I have a question...
> I want to install Fedora on my powerbook 667 16MB VRam, i searched around
> the internet but i found just the rpms but i couldn't find a bootable
> image to burn and to use to start my powerbook, the only think that i
> found is here: <http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2003-
> October/msg01034.html>
> but i couldn't undestand how to use it.
> I'd like to have a bootable cd and use it to format my disk and then to
> install fedora!
> Can u help me???
> TKS

You will probably have to install something like YellowDog (which is
also RPM-based) and then start replacing packages with those from the
Fedora project.  There are a few key packages missing from the PowerPC
Fedora build which currently makes installing Fedora directly impossible.

I bought YellowDog 3.1 and then installed Fedora development on top of it.
This works nicely.

--
Mike

:wq