Fedora Core 2 Distribution Size

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Fri Jan 2 19:37:20 UTC 2004

> Personal experience...and things you have heard...are anecdotal. My ftp
> and http installs work..swimmingly. Shall I assume it works perfectly
> for everyone else...nope. But saying your problems and the problems you
> heard about are specifically issues with anaconda is a bit naive.
> Pointing out bugreports in bugzilla on the issue, is marginally less
> naive.
>
> -jef"off to do an ftp install using boot.iso right now"spaleta

I'd like to encourage everyone to NOT use ftp. Use http. It's better for
servers, it tends to be more performant, it tunnels more nicely and
historically has been less of a security wreck than ftp.

Seriously, you should actually get better performance out of MANY of the
good http servers.

ftp is heavier, it eats up more processes and responds less well,
frequently.

-sv