[Fwd: [Openswan dev] ANNOUNCE: Openswan 1.0.0 Released]

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Sat Jan 3 18:42:12 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-03 at 12:03, Dax Kelson wrote:
>  The Super FreeSWAN patch has morphed into a full blown project of it's
> own complete with road maps, mailing lists, CVS, and an IRC channel.
>
> It would be very nice to get Openswan v2.10 included with FC2.

> > 2. Does it work on Linux Kernel 2.6?
> >
> > The Openswan 1.x.x releases will runn on 2.0.x, 2.2.x and 2.4.x series
> > only.  Our 2.x.x tree is in active development, and support the 2.6
> > kernels.

I have no idea what their timetable is for their 2.x.x tree, but I would
suspect that it would need to be in a stable state before we consider
adding it to FC2.

It could be stable now, I just suspect that the smart people on the
kernel team will hold off on adding third party kernel code that wasn't
absolutely rock solid, and the announcement seems to imply that the 2.6
branch isn't there yet.

This is especially key since FC2 has an agressive time table...

~spot
---
Tom "spot" Callaway <tcallawa(a)redhat*com> LCA, RHCE
Red Hat Sales Engineer || Aurora SPARC Linux Project Leader

"The author's mathematical treatment of the conception of purpose is
novel and highly ingenious, but heretical and, so far as the present
social order is concerned, dangerous and potentially subversive. Not to
be published." -- Aldous Huxley's "Brave New World"