Fedora Core 2 Distribution Size

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Sat Jan 3 18:46:51 UTC 2004

> My question is ... why did Red Hat force ftp? ... it certainly seems
> intentional ... what don't I understand about HTTP, proxy servers, and lare
> files?

odd. I don't have the foggiest idea why that is that way. Maybe they
didn't have a better webserver setup and didn't want to serve isos off
of apache (which is not unreasonable given that apache is not the best
choice for large-static-file distribution)

dunno. Anyone from fedora/rh IS know what the story is here?

-sv