Errors building ndiswrapper under 2.6 kernel

Philip Balister balister at vt.edu
Sun Jan 4 15:54:36 UTC 2004

I am using the ndiswrapper kernel module to load the windoze driver
for the intel 2100 wireless ethernet card in my Dell 600m. With the
2.4 kernel and kernel-source packages everything is fine, I can build
the kernel module with my user account and it loads and everything
is fine.

When I try building it with the latest 2.6 kernel and kernel-source
rpm's I have the following problems:

If I build with my user account there is a problem with the version.h
file. Some kind of permission denied problem. If I build as root there
is a syntax error before "__atribute__" in desc.h.

The ndiswrapper makefile seems to use the /lib/modules/KVER/build/Makefile
to do the real work. I haven't quite figured out what is really going on
here. I can get the reall error messages if required. But I am hoping
someone already has figured out the problem build modules with 2.6 kernel
rpm's :)

Thanks,

Philip