FTP install of Development distribution working

Jim Cornette cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Jan 4 21:23:12 UTC 2004

Charles R. Anderson wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 02:35:36PM -0500, Jim Cornette wrote:
>
>>I finally fixed the ftp installation for complete development rpms. It
>>seems that everything is working past the intird and LABEL issue.
>

> What boot.iso did you use?  I just tried the one from yesterday (Jan
> 3) and it won't load my network driver module properly.  I was told
> this is due to dietlibc problems with the current rawhide boot image.

I ended up skipping the boot.iso approach and instead used the first
fedora core CD with askmethod. I got my ethernet cards recognized, added
the site to download and the path to the development directory. Then off
it went with the installation!

With the boot.iso, I got no identity from either NIC on the machine.
Both NICs were found. I gave up until the boot iso is refined more.

Jim