Self-Introduction: Charles R. Anderson

Charles R. Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Mon Jan 5 23:19:23 UTC 2004

   1. Charles R. Anderson
   2. USA, Worcester, MA
   3. Network Engineer
   4. WPI
   5.

      Your goals in the Fedora Project
          * Which packages do you want to see published?

		. updated net-snmp w/perl support
		. updated dhcp packages suitable for failover support
		. nagios, CMU NetReg, rrdtool, cricket, mrtg
		. IPv6 support in more apps
		. network-related work with e.g. link detection, IPsec...
		. alsa, more multimedia apps (with IP multicast support)
		. kegs (Kent's Emulated GS) and other emulator tools
		. koules and xboing (anyone up for network koules? :)

          * Do you want to do QA?

		Yes.

          * Anything else special?

		My main interests are in packaging, QA, testing,
		tools/infrastructure/admin, rather than
		coding/debugging.  However, I'd feel at home coding in
		Perl.

		I'm interested in Legacy only to support my couple of
		remaining 7.3 boxes for as long as they stay that way,
		and possibly 7.2/Alpha and Aurora SPARC as time permits.

   6.

      Historical qualifications
          * What other projects have you worked on in the past?

		. Aurora SPARC Linux
		. I've been packaging ISC dhcp RPM's for three years:
			http://www.isc.org/products/DHCP/
		. CMU NetReg:
			http://www.net.cmu.edu/netreg/
		. LANdb:
			http://landb.sourceforge.net/
		. Autostatus:
			http://www.angio.net/consult/autostatus/

          * What computer languages and other skills do you know?

		. C, C++, Assembly, Scheme
		. Perl, Awk, Sed, C Shell, Bourne Shell, Expect
		. Networking and systems administration

          * Why should we trust you? <--- too blunt?

		That's for the community to decide...
		I've been a RHL user since 1996/RHL 4.0 or so.  I've
		done a lot of RPM packaging, informally published on
		ftp://angus.ind.wpi.edu/pub/cra-contrib.  I've
		participated in RHL betas and the mirror process.

   7.

      GPG KEYID and fingerprint

pub  1024D/49BB5886 2001-04-11 Charles R. Anderson <cra at wpi.edu>
     Key fingerprint = EBA3 A106 7C93 FA07 8E15  3AC2 C367 A0F9 49BB 5886
sub  2048g/B0817A13 2001-04-11