include much needed antivirus products in FC2

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Mon Jan 5 23:34:32 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 01:10:38PM -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> Try this sometime - process 100000+ pieces of mail a day and see if AV
> scanning doesn't add much load? AV scanning centrally does NOT scale.

AV scanning is an embarrasingly parallel problem, of course it scales. You might
need a few more el cheapo pc engines thats all.

> Moreover - if you are always protecting your users then they will never
> learn.

I'll quote a former manager who shall remain nameless for his own safety,
when we had similar arguments long ago...

	"They aren't paid to learn, they are paid to answer the phone"

Think about it with a business hat on 8)

Alan