include much needed antivirus products in FC2

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Tue Jan 6 20:53:10 UTC 2004

> The clamav peopel do their own definitions. I think you are using too
> old experiences/biases for your side of the argument. I think that if
> you spent a week or so studying it.. you could come up with much better
> arguments.

My arguments are based on the relative success the people I've worked
with have had with clamav actually screening newer viruses.

> Hmmm... just because samba and other windows tools have been there for X
> years in the distro.. should they remain there? I actually consider this
> a legit question.

sure, go for it, remove them, oh, except that nautilus uses them, oh and
smbfs mounting in the kernel. hmm and what else?

I'm tired of this discussion. If people want to add a bunch of extra
cruft to fc2 go for it. of course I've not heard any volunteers to
maintain any of this stuff, so far.

-sv