Daemon config files WAS: Re: include much needed antivirus products in FC2

Enrico Scholz enrico.scholz at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed Jan 7 01:50:32 UTC 2004

steve at rueb.com (Steve Bergman) writes:

>> Bind doesn't ship with an /etc/named.conf - so I'm not sure how it
>> could run fine right after installation.
>
> No, but caching-nameserver does.  You're reaching.

This is exactly the situation of clamav-server. I just do not have a
public package for applications like 'caching-nameserver' (indeed, the
clamav-milter subpackage will ship such a configuration but it is
disabled because of some problems at the moment).

It is no problem to write e.g. clamav-mimedefang or clamav-milter
subpackages; they are not conflicting with clamav-server but somebody
has to write them (and their requirements) first.

Enrico