Livecd with GNOME + KDE + TWM - Beta 2

Dirk Westfal livelinux at nwst.de
Wed Jan 7 07:02:13 UTC 2004

Hi to all,

I've now added the gnome desktop to my  livecd :
now you can choose between kde and gnome in the gdm login manager.

* Different from previous versions:
-  the system does NOT contain ANY non-fedora packages; it's legally clean.
- the kernel is the default fedora kernel (from binary rpm package).
(I currently don't even use cloop to avoid tainting the fedora kernel, so
space is currently very limited. Are there alternatives? )

* The system is a very minimalistic one (just a 'core'  ;) :
It currently provides just the basic tools of gnome and kde,
as well as the redhat-configuration wizards (kickstart, dsl/vpn etc).

* The bzipped iso image (Size:192Mb / 201326103 bytes ) is aviable at:
http://www.linux4all.de/downloads/fc1lc2.iso.bz2
The username is root, with NO password

 Please let me know wether such a system might be a usefull for the
fedora - community- it's currently just a 'core' system but one has to start
somewhere....

- @fedora project staff : if the fedora project is interested in a live cd
system, i'm offering  to contribute my current work/ do more work to/on such
a project.

* I would like to invite all people out there interested in a gnome or kde
live cd based on fedora or other distributions  to the mailinglist
livecd-devel-list at nwst.de ; you can subscribe at :
http://www.linux4all.de/distribution/fc1/livecd-devel-list/livecd-devel-list-info_en.htm

* The system can be recreated using my (currently shells script based)
toolkit, therefore the creation of customized live cd's that fit special
needs is easy.

thanks for your time,

Dirk

--