RPM submission procedure

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Wed Jan 7 22:37:58 UTC 2004

Alan Cox <alan at redhat.com>:
> On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 04:41:34PM -0500, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> > > I can see clearly that you want to automate it for your own package
> > > trees so that people can effectively subscribe to 'fetchmail of the day'
> > > or similar things. For that you might want to look at Dag Wieers stuff
> > > since he's rolling 500+ packages for several releases all the time.
> >
> > Pointer?
>
> google:dag wieers 8)
>
> http://dag.wieers.com

I found it, and then I found the ring he's part of (ATrpms, dag, FreshRPMS
and newrpms).

Hmmm....

Perhaps these people should *be* Fedora extras?  Looks to me like the
community has already evolved a rather well-functioning set of apt
repositories. and I like the no-single-point-of-failure aspect of what
they're doing.

Is there some reason for Fedora not to farm out the extras job to
people who seem already to be doing it competently?