Fedora Extras (was: Re: RPM submission procedure)

Michael Schwendt ms-nospam-0306 at arcor.de
Thu Jan 8 11:37:27 UTC 2004

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 11:11:05 +0100, Matthias Saou wrote:

> Eric S. Raymond wrote :
>
> > But I just got told twice that the Extras repository does not yet exist!
>
> ...and this is IMHO the biggest issue ATM. Once the minimal infrastructure
> shows up,

Minimal infrastructure won't make people happy who find the current
fedora.us infrastructure and system unsatisfactory. Minimal infrastructure
most likely means non-automated builds, and that will require human
resources to perform package sanity checks before developer time is wasted
on failed build attempts.

> it'll hopefully start moving forward real fast.

Public discussion of the planned general procedure of package submission
and approval, too.