The spec file

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Thu Jan 8 13:00:59 UTC 2004

Casey Price wrote:
> Hi,
> I was wondering if anyone has a known working spec file creation script of
> spec template. I've seen some templates before, but I am looking to find
> one that works for most packages without major changes.

fedora.us has quite a few pages about spec templates, explanations and
tools to aid in various aspects of specs.

http://www.fedora.us/docs/spec.html
spec template and some documentation at the bottom
http://cvs.fedora.us/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/pkg/fedora-rpmdevtools/spectemplate.spec
spec template in CVS (full)
http://cvs.fedora.us/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/pkg/fedora-rpmdevtools/spectemplate-minimal.spec
spec template in CVS (minimal)

http://www.fedora.us/wiki/FedoraRPMDevTools
rpm development tools, including kernel module helper, spec template
generator... somewhere we have samples for /etc/init.d service scripts
but I can't remember where we put them at the moment.

Warren