The spec file

Paul Nasrat pauln at truemesh.com
Thu Jan 8 13:32:04 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 02:27:43PM +0100, Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, Peter Backlund wrote:

> > rpm.org, follow the HOWTO link.
>
> Unfortunatly that one is almost as old as the RPM book and misses about as
> much relevant infrmation to modern SPEC file.

> I am more and more tempted to write a new RPM building howto in which I
> will, no doubt, make some grave errors before it will hit version 1.0 but
> I have not seen any other material that covers the whole process.

There is a new book available from redhat press which is an option for some.

I'd like to advertise that some patches have been done against max-rpm to
update it - patches gratefully accepted and will be commited.

Check out instructions on http://rpm.org/cvs_help/

A online version of the updates so far can be found here:

http://freshrpms.net/docs/max-rpm/

Paul