rpmlint on Fedora Core development rpms

Michael Schwendt ms-nospam-0306 at arcor.de
Thu Jan 8 14:13:11 UTC 2004

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 14:55:22 +0100, Florian La Roche wrote:

> I have put together a quick hack to run "rpmlint" on the current
> Fedora Core development rpms. I found a "%__mkfontdir" in OpenOffice
> and a "$RPM_BUILD_ROOT" in the octave rpm and have filed bugzilla
> reports on those two.

Please explain or post the bug numbers, because the "octave" component
in Fedora Core and Raw Hide returns zarro boogs. Anything wrong about
$RPM_BUILD_ROOT? Fedora.us guidelines prefer $RPM_BUILD_ROOT over
%{buildroot}, because the former has been described as being much more
official (though the latter is unlikely to be removed, isn't it?).