rpmlint on Fedora Core development rpms

Florian La Roche laroche at redhat.com
Thu Jan 8 14:32:08 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 03:13:11PM +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 14:55:22 +0100, Florian La Roche wrote:
>
> > I have put together a quick hack to run "rpmlint" on the current
> > Fedora Core development rpms. I found a "%__mkfontdir" in OpenOffice
> > and a "$RPM_BUILD_ROOT" in the octave rpm and have filed bugzilla
> > reports on those two.
>
> Please explain or post the bug numbers, because the "octave" component
> in Fedora Core and Raw Hide returns zarro boogs. Anything wrong about

#112746 on bugzilla.redhat.com

> $RPM_BUILD_ROOT? Fedora.us guidelines prefer $RPM_BUILD_ROOT over
> %{buildroot}, because the former has been described as being much more
> official (though the latter is unlikely to be removed, isn't it?).

Are you reviewing this per rpm or do you have automated scripts? Why
would you bother how it is done unless it gives a broken rpm on installed
machines?
My hope is that people interested in this can at some point clean up
spec-files, but this should not be pushed onto other developers who
only care to look at functionality within rpms. Let's keep this modular
from a developer resource issue. ;-)

greetings,

Florian La Roche