RPM submission sanity check

Robert Billing bob at tnglwood.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 8 15:40:05 UTC 2004

Look chaps, I know I'm the newcomer here and all that, but try to see
it my way for a while.

I joined this list because I've written a package. I've been using it
for years to do my own backups - so I know it works. I'd like to enter
into the spirit of the open-source thing by giving it away free.

I'm a little bit mystified by the submission procedure. And the more I
read the submission thread the more mystified I get. While I
understand the need for QA, and can understand why packages ought to
be PGP signed I really would appreciate a few hints about the way I
should go.

For example, do I need to have pre and post install scripts? My little
package contains a C source, a man page, a makefile and a spec file.
Do I need to add other things to get through QA or is that enough?

Would somebody who knows how this works mind pointing me in the right
direction? Thanks.

--
Robert Billing,                   Tanglewood,
01344-772849                      64, Pinehill Road,