RPM submission procedure

Magnus Runesson mr-fedora at linuxalert.org
Thu Jan 8 15:40:47 UTC 2004

> > > fedora.us is all about providing add-ons for Red Hat Linux, and now
> > > Fedora Core.  (Well and also now Legacy, community developed security
> > > backport update packages for the older distributions.)
> >
> > But I just got told twice that the Extras repository does not yet exist!
>
> fedora.us (Fedora Linux) does exist.
>
> But due to its merger with the (ex-) Red Hat Linux Project into the Fedora
> Project, it's only a semi-official place where to get add-ons for now.

I am, and I think a lot of other people, are a bit confused about this
issue. fedora.us is on one hand not a official place, but on the other
hand a lot off people on this list are refer to fedora.us like it is
obvious that you should look there for info. But there are no info at
fedora.redhat.com that fedora.us is a information source. And for a long
time fedora.us had a first page saying that the site was no longer valid
and refereed to fedora.redhat.com.

If the fedora/redhat people want involvement from other people I think
it is important to inform us how to participate in the "community". As
long as there are no information about how to help, I can't help.

A good start may be to look how other community based dists are doing:
* gentoo - http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/ebuild-submit.xml
* debian - http://www.debian.org/devel/join/

/Magnus

--