RPM submission procedure

Michael Schwendt ms-nospam-0306 at arcor.de
Thu Jan 8 17:39:09 UTC 2004

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 16:40:47 +0100, Magnus Runesson wrote:

> > fedora.us (Fedora Linux) does exist.
> >
> > But due to its merger with the (ex-) Red Hat Linux Project into the Fedora
> > Project, it's only a semi-official place where to get add-ons for now.
>
> I am, and I think a lot of other people, are a bit confused about this
> issue. fedora.us is on one hand not a official place, but on the other
> hand a lot off people on this list are refer to fedora.us like it is
> obvious that you should look there for info. But there are no info at
> fedora.redhat.com that fedora.us is a information source.

fedora.us is linked on the front page of fedora.redhat.com, in the "Fedora
Name" section, and in particular on the "Participate" front page where it
is advertized as an existing place where you can contribute "right now".

> And for a long
> time fedora.us had a first page saying that the site was no longer valid
> and refereed to fedora.redhat.com.

The replacement front page only explained the merger of the "Red Hat Linux
Project" and "Fedora Linux" and hence pointed people to the new "Fedora
Project", but still provided an entry point to its start page.

> If the fedora/redhat people want involvement from other people I think
> it is important to inform us how to participate in the "community". As
> long as there are no information about how to help, I can't help.

Click on "Participate" in the right menu at http://fedora.redhat.com
then read the page. Or since you know about http://fedora.us now,
read the pages at the right border there.