RPM submission procedure

Ronny Buchmann ronny-vlug at vlugnet.org
Thu Jan 8 23:50:29 UTC 2004

On Thursday 08 January 2004 20:56, Enrico Scholz wrote:
> steve at silug.org (Steven Pritchard) writes:
> > Personally, I think style issues should be reserved for *after* any
> > package has made it into testing, at least.
>
> No, when a package is in a public repository it is too late. People will
> begin to use this repository as default one since it has lots of cool
> packages. Since packages are already published, bugreports will have a
> low priority for the packagers and bugs stay forever (rawhide is a good
> example).
I don't think this is a problem. When rawhide bugs are not maintained this
mostly means they are gone or they didn't really exist or the reporter has no
real interest in it. None would be a reason not to publish the package for
testing.
Testing is not for the faint of heart. Why should Fedora Extras testing be
more stable than Fedora Core testing (aka Rawhide)?!

--
http://LinuxWiki.org/RonnyBuchmann