include much needed antivirus products in FC2

Enrico Scholz enrico.scholz at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri Jan 9 02:09:48 UTC 2004

steve at silug.org (Steven Pritchard) writes:

>> A preconfigured ready-to-start ClamAV daemon is useless when no
>> instances make use of it. *When* any dependencies require it to work
>> out of the box, *then* it makes much more sense to ship a default
>> config that does something.
>
> Perhaps you missed that I already have a working amavis-ng package
> that is built to require clamd.

clamav-server was designed for such a purpose. It is very easy to write a
small integration package (e.g. amavisng-clamav) which contains four files
which are generated from clamav-server's templates. Just replace '<SERVICE>'
with 'amavis-ng' there and some other placeholders as decribed in the README.

After the installation of clamav-server, the integration package and
amavis-ng, the enduser has a working setup without touching any
configuration file.

I can not imagine how such an easy setup would be possible with a
"out-of-the-box working" clamd (terms taken from in this thread).

Enrico