initscripts: Can it restart a service automatically if onecrashes?

Enrico Scholz enrico.scholz at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri Jan 9 02:33:45 UTC 2004

erik at totalcirculation.com ("Erik LaBianca") writes:

> Are you sure daemontools isn't public domain?

Yes, some common files are having the '/* public domain */' headers, but
the files which are providing the daemontools functionality are not
free.

> I've heard tell that djb doesn't like binary redistribution of patched
> binaries, but I don't see anything about it in the current daemontools
> distro.

No explicit statement means that copyright law applies. And this forbids
nearly everything...

> 2. http://cr.yp.to/distributors.html

This makes the rules clear: you are allowed to distribute unmodified
daemontools until 2004-03-01, but not after this date.

Enrico