QA process was Re: RPM submission procedure

Michael Schwendt ms-nospam-0306 at arcor.de
Fri Jan 9 17:46:06 UTC 2004

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 11:25:42 -0500, Jef Spaleta wrote:

> Panu Matilainen wrote:
> > Just an off-the-cuff idea: if one trusted, or two untrusted
> > developers vote a package ready to move to "upwards" it should be moved ?
> > (assuming that one PUBLISH vote from untrusted developer is enough to get
> > a package into testing/unstable)
>
> So what yer saying is... if my friend and I, see something we want
> sitting in QA, I can tell him, and we can make half-hearted attempts
> as untrusted people to do QA and both setting the +1 publish note
> without actually doing the QA checklist at all....and get it out and
> built?

Yes. Note though that you never know who watches your activities. It may
be that someone blocks the publish votes and points out problems. The
people from the build/release team may refuse to build/publish a package
due to concerns, too. Also, if you don't get the review right and in the
current manual build system, the package fails to build, that slows down
the approval once more.