Automatic Firewall

Alexey Eremenko al305472 at hotmail.co.il
Sat Jan 10 20:19:18 UTC 2004

by Francois Marinez:

>I think it does not add so much respective to the present situation
>and in addition it is unapplicable: there are some ADSL modems who
>force the computer to use an address in the 10.x.x.x range for
>interfacing with them and that means that the ethernet card with an
>address in the 10.x.x.x is in direct contact with the Internet and,
>according to your proposal, unfirewalled.

I think there is absolutely NO problems here, since if you get 10.x.x.x
from your ADSL modem, it means, that modem takes over NAT functionality,
so a hacker can NOT attack you in that case. He can attack only your modem.

I really don't understand why you dislike the Automatic Firewall idea...

 -Fenix*NBK*

Hotmail.co.il - Powered by IBM eServer