Latest rhn-applet from rawhide

Jim Cornette cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Jan 11 14:05:18 UTC 2004

Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 07:38, Mike Chambers wrote:
>
>>As of yesterday, it seems the rhn-applet errors out trying to connect to
>>check for updates (although, up2date itself seems to work)..
>

> Well, it seems up2date errors out as well on a system with no X and
> running via CLI..
>
> Fetching rpm headers...
> ########################################
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/sbin/up2date", line 1259, in ?
>     sys.exit(main() or 0)
>   File "/usr/sbin/up2date", line 795, in main
>     fullUpdate, dryRun=options.dry_run))
>   File "/usr/sbin/up2date", line 1138, in batchRun
>     batch.run()
>   File "up2dateBatch.py", line 60, in run
>   File "up2dateBatch.py", line 107, in __findPackagesToUpdate
>   File "packageList.py", line 558, in getPackagesToInstall
>   File "packageList.py", line 587, in __skipPackages
>   File "packageList.py", line 611, in __skipFiles
>   File "rpmUtils.py", line 244, in checkHeaderForFileConfigExcludes
> TypeError: len() of unsized object
>
> [root at homer cron.daily]# rpm -qa | grep up2date
> up2date-4.3.1-2

I had similar erros with up2date with rawhide versions installed
exclusively. I ended up configuring yum for a development repository and
it corrected the problem.

My problem seemed to surround netdump header downloading and being
locked while trying to download headers.

All better except for xmms being broken on creating a default directory
and net-snmp being built for an earlier version of rpm.

Both failures have bug reports. I think that up2date is having troubles
due to inconsistencies with the current rawhide mix. The latest packages
seem to be more conflicting.

Yum upgrade the latest programs successfully.

Jim