FC2 Wishlist Items

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Tue Jan 13 13:15:01 UTC 2004

Florian La Roche <laroche at redhat.com>:
> Fedora is not a collection you just upload to. Changes going in there
> need to be in sync with other updates going in (we e.g. need
> to check dependencies with other rpms among other things).
> So the needed infrastructure must be larger than the upload procedure.

Obviously.  There are going to need to be humans watching the incoming queue
for problems and conflicts.  But freshmeat.net demonstates that it is
possible to combine a scriptable submission procedure with human oversight.

The cAos-distribution people tell me they want to move in that direction, too.
Fedora shouldn't be left behind.