Fedora Process status

Jef Spaleta jspaleta at princeton.edu
Wed Jan 14 19:30:46 UTC 2004

seth vidal wrote:
> As a caveat to this. If you're doing something and you think you
> might be violating a trademark in the process you should wait for >
officialdom to roll around. It would suck to have to tear down
> things you've worked on b/c the fickle tide of legal opinion turns >
against you.

Personally i think, it might be good to compile a list of
'what if...' or 'can i...' questions to ship off to red hat legal and
have then try to comment on a whole list of potentially common community
'good faith' efforts in one shot. Maybe there is even room to modify the
available trademark guidelines to make things easier for more good faith
community PR opportunities after a round of concentrated feedback.

-jef"but you wont see me holding my breath"spaleta